Friday, January 11, 2008

Serena Wants to Know Who Moved Her Cheese



Although the tennis doping and betting scandals contributed to the genesis of this blog, it was Serena Williams' official website that finally pushed me over the edge. Serena's blog is full of fascinating discourses on bad relationships and tips for leading a better life. 

You see, Serena read a book last fall that changed her life! It was Spencer Johnson's Who Moved My Cheese. When Serena analyzed her career and life she finally figured out she was on the the wrong path. She had an epiphany: 

I was afraid I was afraid to find new cheese! I thought there was only one cheese out there but after reading that book I realized that there is all types of "cheese" out there. Now I am not talking about real cheese but cheese is whatever you make it to be. Whether or not its money, or boyfriends, or friends. There is always more out there if what u have around, Ok I hope I am not boring you guys, but after reading this book my whole spirit and my whole life changed. I became a different person. My personal life as well as my tennis life improved. And all I do now is laugh! I love to live and laugh! It is awesome!

Books are awesome indeed. We at Counter-Punch still think the best way to move your cheese around tends to be through hiring a personal trainer and busting your ass. Tune in to the Aussie Open to see what kind of cheese arranging Serena got done over the winter.

No comments:

Blog Archive